Monday, May 17, 2010

Movie Review for Kick-Ass




I finally saw Kick-Ass on Sunday and I was thoroughly entertained. From beginning to end, it was not like your typical Super Hero movie. More Profane. More Entertaining. More Violent. Slo-Mo action scenes. Comic Relief. Attractive female girlfriend. Kick-Ass was original, well rounded and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I guess there's something badass about watching some 11 year old girl going on a Kill Bill-esque killing spree. Every time they zoomed into her little beadie eyes, I was expecting to hear those Kill Bill sirens to start blaring.

A quick synopsis of Kick-Ass is about this dorky comic book nerd wants to become a super hero (named Kick-Ass), but he well, sucks and gets his ass kicked a lot. As the movie goes on, he gets saved from yet another beatdown by Hit Girl and Big Daddy (Nick Cage!). Hit Girl and Big Daddy both have secret vendettas against a crime kingpen that become more apparent as the movie goes on.

Kick-Ass was a little Taratino-esque, but I should of known I would enjoy this movie becasue it was directed by Matthew Vaughn. Vaughn directed Layer Cake, one of my personal favorites and also produced Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

I would definitely recommend seeing this movie. Just a fun movie all around, especially for a lazy Sunday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment