Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Great Moment in Jumbotron Mixup

Stolen from Drew Magary's funbag in deadspin, I have an email and a video of the explanation.

Jeremy:

I'm a season ticket holder of the Spokane Shock, an Arena Football League team. I know, save the arena football season ticket holder jokes for after my story.

Well I was at one of the games in April with my brother and decided to head up to the concourse to get myself a tasty beverage. Heading up the stairs, I heard the announcer announce my section over the P.A. I stopped in the middle of the stairs and looked at the jumbotron, and saw myself standing there on camera. So I did the only logical thing I could think of and danced for the camera and all the cheering fans around the stadium.

So I'm dancing, the cheers are getting louder, and I'm loving all this camera attention. Eventually, I start to wonder why the camera is staying on me for so long, so I take a closer look at the jumbotron. Behind me, on his knee, is a dude proposing to his girlfriend. Immediately, I shamefully turn and head quickly up the stairs. Most people didn't even know what was going on until I got out of the way. A couple days after the game, one of my coworkers found this video on Youtube.

Apparently, they had some friends at the game on the other side of the arena taping the whole thing on the jumbotron. I felt like the biggest douchebag, so I had to contact them on Youtube and apologize. They were cool about it, but for some reason I haven't received an invitation to the wedding. Here's the video.



I can't stop laughing at the guy dancing and the moment he realizes the video is not him and hightails the F out of there. I don't know pretty funny, right? Right? It is. Maybe it's more funny because it's 3:18 on a Wednesday afternoon in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment