Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3rd Album - Childish Gambino - Culdusac

The 3rd album I can't stop listening to this month is Childish Gambino's Culdesac. I'm pretty sure most if not all of you have not even heard of him. If I told you his real name is Donald Glover, then maybe a few of you would know. If I told you he was the black guy from "Community" then maybe most of you would know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I came across this article from the LA Times about him and his success with writing for Tina Fey on "30 Rock," along with his "Community" success (which along with "Modern Family," the best two new comedies that debuted last year) and his up and coming stand-up comedian career.

In this article, it describes how he wanted to try rapping and his fellow co-stars Gillian Jacobs and Alison Brie (one of my personal faves) persuaded him to pursue it and he did. He released a couple of mix tapes early this year and last year but I decided to download his new album Culdesac. Glover, uh Childish Gambino, uses clever lyrics over some sweet beats and I can go through the whole album without skipping a song. I think it blends in and flows very well. Sure his voice is a little whiny or high pitched, but I think the overall word play and easy to nod beats are good enough to over come it.

You can download or stream all of Culdesac here.

A review of Culdesac - Here

His blog is here: http://www.iamdonald.com/


Some Recommended Songs (but all of them are pretty good from beginning to end):





Also, he got the name Childish Gambino by plugging his name into the Wu-Tang Name Generator. Try it yourself.

Sincerely,

Tha Winged Cow

No comments:

Post a Comment